Anonymous asked: do you have any smutty OT3 Percy/annabeth/nico fic ? This is my ultimate weakness
Check callunavulgari’s tumblr or her writing blog (callunawrites I believe, it should also be on her sidebar), Heather writes some of my fave Percicobeth things (and I’m 200% sure she’s done smut with them)
Anonymous asked: Maybe Annabeth just loves Percy, that's why she thinks about Percy so much. I don't think they actually REVOLVE around Percy, because she's an intelligent girl, surely more things go on in her mind. I don't mean to cause an argument, I'm sorry.
The problem here is that you’re equating thinking about someone you love a lot to a lack of intelligence, and if you’ve ever crushed on someone you’ll know that it doesn’t matter how smart you are, if you love someone your thoughts and your attention are gonna drift towards them. It’s normal. Both Annabeth and Piper are smart girls and sometimes their thoughts DO revolve a bit around the boys they like (similarly, Percy and Jason think about Annabeth and Piper CONSTANTLY. Percy’s is blatantly obvious while Jason’s is less so, but there’s that fun bit in HoH where Jason’s too distracted to think because Piper’s so close and smells like blooming honeysuckle or something. Riordan’s just a big shipper, it’s cheesy but enjoyable if you don’t take it too seriously). If you think about someone then you care about them, it’s got nothing to do with how smart you are (would you judge a parent for thinking about their child constantly?)
Anonymous asked: while Annabeth does think a Lot about Percy, that's not all she thinks about and as annabeth fan i'm a little insulted you think that.
Considering I’ve never said Annabeth does nothing but think about Percy, I can only assume that the implication here is that all Piper does is think about Jason and I’m honestly tired of seeing that argument because it’s not true. But just for fun (not for the sake of rebuttal or anything, you’ve already acknowledged she thinks about him a lot, but it’s something I’ve been meaning to compile for awhile), and since I have it in front of me right now… let’s list the times Annabeth thinks/talks about Percy from Mark of Athena (I might miss a few because she does this a LOT. I’ll try not to list too many of the ones where he’s listed along with other people):
- “All she wanted to do was be with Percy — preferably alone.”
- “Annabeth was trying to cheer up Hazel, regaling her with Percy’s greatest Seaweed Brain moments” (Hazel’s sad about her brother and you can only talk about your boyfriend - I get that Percy’s the person they have in common, they both love him and Annabeth’s distracting Hazel, it’s fine. Just pointing it out)
- “Percy is everything to me.” (to Athena, when she tasks Annabeth with following the Mark of Athena)
- “She’d tried to throw away the silver coin, but it simply reappeared in her pocket, the way Riptide did for Percy.” (this happens many more times, where she keeps thinking of things in relation to Percy, or inserts Percy where he doesn’t really have to be. You could easily have just said it reappeared in her pocket without adding that last bit, but her mind is constantly on him.)
- “A knock on her door made her jump. She hoped it might be Percy, but instead Frank Zhang poked his head in.”
- “Her cabin was bare. She kept it clean and simple, which helped her to think. Percy didn’t believe it because she always made excellent grades, but like most demigods, she was ADHD.”
- “Annabeth patted [Frank’s] arm. ‘Percy has a knack for picking good friends.’”
- “Over the last year, while Percy had been missing, the gray streaks had finally disappeared from both of them, which made Annabeth sad and a little worried. She felt like she’d lost a symbolic bond with Percy.”
- “Afterward, Annabeth wished she’d jumped into the harbor with Percy.” (going with Piper and Hazel to Charleston Harbor)
- “She shook her head. Percy would hate her getting so philosophical. If she tried to talk to him about stuff like that, his eyes glazed over.”
- “Next came Percy, who was infuriating but sweet, yet he had seemed to be falling for another girl named Rachel, and then HE almost died, several times. Finally Annabeth had gotten Percy to herself, only to have him vanish for six months and lose his memory.”
- “She needed help… some kind of distress signal to Coach Hedge, or even better — Percy.”
- “Most of all she wanted Percy. She always felt braver when Percy was with her. I am not going to die here, she told herself. I’m going to see Percy again.”
- “She realized her best efforts had not been enough. She wouldn’t make it out of here. Arachne’s children would kill her at the feet of her mother’s statue. Percy, she thought, I’m sorry.”
- “After all they’d been through over the last year, he knew the most important thing was that they were together. She loved him for saying that.”
Now, I’m not ragging on Annabeth for thinking about her significant other/boyfriend who’s been missing for months/one constant best friend since they were children. He’s the most important person in her life and she loves him and is in love with him and it MAKES SENSE that she’ll think about him all the time. She also makes time to think about other things, like saving the world and solving puzzles and tricking a giant spider into weaving her own jail. So I don’t understand why Piper gets so much shit for thinking about Jason a lot when yes, she DOES do and think about a whole lot of other things - damage control for Leo and Jason with the rest of the crew, saving their asses countless times in TLH and beyond, hating feeling like the weak link and therefore striving to improve herself by sword fighting with Hazel (as well as swapping tips on charmspeak vs. controlling the Mist), defeating an ice goddess when everyone else is incapacitated, single-handedly winning that cornucopia from Achelous (saving Jason from drowning in the process) AND besting Hercules with it, sacrificing any hope of an honest relationship with her father for the sake of protecting his sanity, saving Percy and Jason TWICE (once with the eidolons, once with the water nymphs) in MoA, offering her insights and interpretations of different lines of the Prophecy. That’s just a quick list off the top of my head, I’m sure there’s countless others. They’re both tough ladies and the number of times you think about the person you love does NOT preclude your ability to get the job done and kick ass. That’s all.
basically if you dislike piper or her characterization and come to my inbox seeking validation for that dislike I’m gonna need a 5 page paper complete with citations (and you better dislike percy the same amount because those two are very similar characters at their core only piper’s classier)
there’s a differance between not liking a character and thinking the author fucked up part of their characterization.
yeah I’m gonna need you to clarify what you mean.
I’ve always read Piper as very self-centered, in much the same way Percy is - she keeps certain people very close to her heart and those are the people she’s gonna prioritize and protect. We see it in MoA (the Kansas scene) when Piper is supposed to choose who to kill (between Jason and Percy): for a split second there she absolutely would’ve chosen to kill Percy. She feels guilty about it afterwards (not because she cares about Percy, but because of what it would do to Annabeth) but this is her instinct. Piper being the group diplomat/peacemaker and the one who can read and understand other peoples’ motives best does NOT make Piper someone who loves and protects everyone equally, and I think it’s true to Piper’s character to… not necessarily connect with, say, Frank or Nico the way she does Leo or Jason? Piper is VERY much an in-group sort of person. Jason’s the one who goes out of his way to try to connect with everyone, because that’s part of being an effective leader. This isn’t something I expect from Piper, from how I understand her character.
Anonymous asked: I think what bothers me so much about Piper is that how much of her revolves around Jason, I mean, does she actually have any worthwhile interaction with any males other than Jason and Leo?
Why doesn’t it bother you that Nico doesn’t have any worthwhile interactions with ANY ladies outside of his sisters? And why only males? Piper has significant friendships/interactions with Annabeth and Hazel (AND respects/wants to know more about Reyna) and imo lady friendships are way more important. It’s one thing RR definitely did right (tho it would be even better if he’d show this to us instead of just telling)
Anonymous asked: who is the PJO/HOO character you like to draw more?
Jason is actually my fave to draw overall, despite Nico being my fave character, haha… Hazel and Piper are sort of tied for fave lady. Hazel’s hair and body proportions are always a blast, but I like drawing Piper’s face more. Annabeth and Percy I find relatively difficult for some reason (they always turn out generic to me), so I don’t enjoy drawing them as much. #pjo #hoo